The Stephan Center was originally incorporated in 1973 under the name The Children’s Preschool. The agency provided direct service as an Early Childhood Education facility for children 2 through 7 years old, offering an alternative approach to the traditional education of the public school system.
In 2004 the Corporate Board chose to redefine the mission of the agency and to change its name to The Stephan Center. The mission of the agency is to provide training, information, and resources to professionals supporting children, adults, and families and to laypersons in need.
We have developed training programs which have seen great success in school districts, faith communities, and local and city government.
- This website like our training programs, is a constantly evolving resource in the area of bereavement ministry and social services support.
- Professional Life Loss Workshop series currently consists of twelve training workshops for professionals on aspects of life losses.
- Consolation Ministry development programs for church and faith-based leaders and lay ministers, cover the areas of Ministry to the Sick, Bereavement, and After Care.
- “Fathers Speaking Out“ is a video and discussion series for men in fathering roles.
In 2014-15 the Board of Directors adopted a Strategic Plan for 2014-17 consisting of four initiatives:
- Program Development: Become a certified Education Institute , provide CEUs and offer programs electronically through webinars / on line classes
- Marketing Plan: Develop a marketing plan that parallels program expansion, targets specific populations and increases website usage
- Financial Growth Plan: Increase revenue streams to sustain agency financial needs
- Administrative/agency infrastructure: To increase national/international visibility
and service use through social media and electronic program options
Our Board of Directors
We are blessed with a dedicated Board committed to the agency mission and ideals. As defined in the bylaws, all board members are direct descendants or spouses of descendants of Jeannette and Charles M. Stephan.
Those serving on the 2017-2020 Board of Directors included:
Secretary/Treasurer: Matthias J Stephan Ph.d
Members At Large:
– Mrs. John Kalista
– Mr. Jeff Wells
– Mr. Nick Stephan
– Charles Stephan Sr.
We are grateful for the insight and understanding of the Board members. We look forward to their continued leadership as we implement the five-year strategic plan for the agency.
Charles and Jeanette Stephan, Mary Ann and Charles "Butch" Stephan,
John P. Stephan, Timothy J. Stephan and James M. Stephan, and Mary Ann Stephan.
We also wish to remember the following loved ones honored by their families and friends with a donation to The Stephan Center.
|* Dr. Emil T Hoffman
* Molly Bernard
* Ross Carlton
* Ed Glass
* Ed Hatton
* Louis Viviani
|* Debbie Lione
* Margery Lione
* Barbara Franco Urey
* Erma Kiss Portman
* Ellen Malone
* Marian Manuele
|* Tom Stuger
* Barbara Szeczyk
* Robert Sallee
* Nancy Pierce
* Virginia Curry
May we all find peace and comfort in the special memories we hold in our hearts and the knowledge that love never ends.