Consolation Ministry Trainings
The Consolation Ministry Program includes the formation of three (3) interconnected and comprehensive Ministries:
Ministry to the Sick:
- Provides Spiritual support and Communion during weekly home visits
- Provides assessments of other individual and family needs.
- Provides referrals to other Church and Community services for additional support.
- Provides support during a death or crisis
- Coordinates and conducts a home visit
- Assists the family in planning the Funeral services
- Facilitates Vigils
- Provides support at the Funeral for both the family and the Priest/Minster/Church Leader
After Care Ministry:
- Offers one on one support service to individuals and families for the first 12 months after a death or crisis
- Provides resources and referrals to a variety of Church and Community programs
- Coordinates parish-wide spiritual and education events
Each Ministry training includes instructional classes and implementation of the ministry within the Church/Faith organization infrastructure. All trainings are conducted onsite at the Church/Faith organization.
Each Church/Faith organization is assigned a Training Team including a translator, if appropriate. The team supports each Church/faith organization for up to one year.